Jim Ricks Projects is the curatorial practice of artist Jim Ricks.
The type of artistic activity undertaken can be seen as both an expansion of the combined activities of artistic practice, curation, exhibition making, and commercial presentations – but also an erosion of them.
Often, artistic space is ‘carved out’ in unexpected locations and nontraditional venues are used.
• Las personas que viven en casas de cristal no deberían arrojar piedras | People Who Live in Glass Houses Shouldn’t Throw Stones, with Victoria Núñez Estrada, Charlie Godet Thomas, Romeo Mijangos Cavero, and SANGREE, February – September 2022
• Galería Azotea, Mexico City, February 2022
• Ciudadano Modelo, Ben Peterson, Módulo Ciudadana, Mexico City, September 2019
• Act/ Interact/ Transform, Public art commission with Kamau Patton, Bowman School, Palo Alto, CA, 2017–19
• The Play Show, with Chris Lux, Willy Reed, Andrew Chapman, Sean Barton, etc. Galeria Daniela Elbahara, Mexico City, May 2019
• We Only Want the Earth!, Adobe Backroom, with Doireann Ní Ghrioghair, Tom Molloy, Michaële Cutaya, Catherine Delaney, Ella de Burca, Mark Curran, and Sean Lynch, San Francisco, CA, February – April 2018
• Bleed Gallery, with Helen Blake, Susan MacWilliam, Jeremy Deller, Mark O’Kelly, NAS 2/3 Mary’s Abbey, March – September 2016
• Sluice Art Fair, Maggie Madden, Nina Amazing, Marcel Vidal, Toby Caldicott, London, October 19 – 20, 2013
• FLOORONEGALLERY, Chanelle Walshe, John Ryan, Hannah Fitz, Temple Bar Gallery & Studios, 2013
• Future Perfect, Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane, December 2012
• Apposite Extravaganza: Cheating Progress, Part of the Volvo Ocean Race Galway, Exchange House, Fairgreen Road, Galway, June – July 2012
• Death and Sensuality: A group exhibition of contemporary Irish artists, with Roisin Byrne, Benjamin DeBurca, Tom Molloy, Breda Lynch, Alan Phelan, November – December 2011, Mina Dresden Gallery, San Francisco
• Vis-a-vis, Galway Arts Festival, The Niland Gallery, Galway, July 2011
• Between Me and Galway Bay, Ken Fandell for Tulca, 126, Galway, November 2009
• It’s About Time, Hank Willis Thomas, 126, Galway, July 2009
• Unsolicited Fabrications, Stephanie Syjuco, Pallas Contemporary Projects, Dublin, May 2009
• DADALENIN, Rainer Ganahl, Galway Arts Festival, 126, Galway, July – August 2008